What is UDAX?
UDAX provides an exceptional interface to manage your Coinbase Pro (formerly GDAX) account on your mobile device.
How does it work?
It works by using your API Keys to authenticate your account.
Is it secure?
Yes. When you enter your keys, they are encrypted and stored either in your iCloud Keychain or in the Android Keystore and are never transmitted to anyone except Coinbase and only over a secure, encrypted connection.
Don't want to take our word for it? Completely understandable. Disable the 'Transfer' permission when making your keys. You'll lose the ability to send or transfer crypto between accounts, but it should put your mind at ease about your crypto going anywhere.
How do I make API Keys?
You will only need to do this once
- Log into your Coinbase Pro account and select API from the dropdown menu in the top right.
- Click NEW API KEY in the top right of the API SETTINGS tab.
- Select the View, Transfer, and Trade permissions in order to enable UDAXs full functionality.
- Enter a passhrase and keep a record of it. This is your API Passphrase (3rd field) when authenticating UDAX.
- Enter your two factor authentication code.
- Click CREATE API KEY.
- Save the API Secret somewhere safe. It will only be displayed once. This is your API Secret Key (2nd field) when authenticating UDAX.
- Close the pop up to go back to your list of keys.
- The newly created key will be LAST in your list of API Keys.
- This is your API Key (1st field) when authenticating UDAX.
- We recommend sending these credentials to your mobile device over an end-to-end encrypted messaging and pasting them into UDAX in order ensure your security and to avoid typos.
- Thats it! Enjoy UDAX.
Is UDAX an official Coinbase product?
While we love Coinbases offerings, UDAX is not affiliated with Coinbase in any way. We are however, committed to providing a secure, superior mobile experience. Contact us to provide feedback, report bugs, or request features. We love hearing from our customers.